Saturday, March 7, 2009

My first blog to the world

My artwork is an intuitive journey, starting from random ink doodles to scratching out shapes, forms,and geometrical swirls. While listening to music, thinking of current events, feasts and famines, war and peace and past memories floating around in my head. Having learned the techniques, studied the masters, the drawings and gestures become a subconscious inner voyage. Shapes, pen drawings, colours derived from oil pastels, acrylics, charcoal, collage materials give form to the abstract conglomerate on the paper. When is the artwork finished? When I can go no further. Sometimes this could be years. Sometimes much quicker. My inspiration, that gave some validity to this kind of art is the whimsical modern expressionist style of of the very inventive and radical Paul Klee. I first saw his work in a Grolliers Encyclopedia insert on Modern Art. His work has been described as the free expression of an inner world inexhaustibly rich in poetic resources, from which he invented a new form of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment